terms & Conditions of hire
All arena bookings are subject to the terms outlined below. Completion & payment of a booking constitutes agreement of these terms:-
- All bookings must be paid in advance
- Changes to bookings must be notified at least 48hours in advance
- All bookings are non refundable but can be transferred to another date if at least 48 hours notice is given. We are happy to place your booking on hold while you are arranging a suitable date
- This is an unmanned facility. Do not wander around the yard looking for someone. Do not enter any of the yard or stabling areas surrounding the arenas for any reason what so ever
- You must only enter the arena during your booked time slot. Arrival early or late is at your own inconvenience and you will not be allowed to ride outside the time booked
- Adjust fence heights to suit your own requirements and abilities. Replace all poles after use. i.e. no poles to be left on the ground
- All breakages must be notified and paid for
- No dogs allowed around the arenas, on the XC course, or in any of the surrounding farmland and paddocks. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times and remain in the car park area. Do not use the fields or arenas to exercise your dog. Collect dog muck and take it home with you
- Children under 16 must be supervised at all times by an adult in the arena
- No lunging anywhere on site
- Horses and ponies must not be left tied to any trailer or horsebox unattended
- All droppings must be removed from the arenas and the parking areas. Skips and trugs are provided however please do not muck out your horsebox on site.
- All riders MUST wear a hat to the standard of EN1384, ASTMF1163 or PAS 015 at all times when mounted. Body protectors are highly recommended when using the Arena XC fences. All riders are required to wear suitable footwear with defined heels.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: any Arena XC fences will not be anchored to the ground in the arena.
All entries to events have their own terms and conditions detailed in the particular schedule for that event. The terms set out in any event schedule will supersede the terms laid out above.
Equestrian pursuits are inherently dangerous and can result in serious injury. Using Ashwood Equestrian and facilities is entirely at your own risk. Hirers must ensure they are covered by suitable insurance and must indemnify Ashwood Equestrian and its owners or any persons acting on their behalf against any claim for accident, injury, loss or similar, however caused to either horse, rider, spectators or any other person’s property.